For years, Nicolas Cage was one of the biggest names in Hollywood. And he continues to produce big-budget blockbusters. Starting in 2022, Cage is expected to appear in six upcoming projects, including Tim Brown's.The Retirement Plan, Chris McKaydracula-inspiredRenfield,and the upcoming action-survival movie from Benjamin BrewerSand and Stones.
Nicolas Cage has played many roles in the Hollywood ecosystem throughouthis decades in the film industry: an action star, an indie favorite and a cautionary tale. After becoming one of the highest paid talents in the industry, Cage found himself in trouble with the IRS as he allegedly owed at least$14 millionin unpaid taxes. This revelation, which was followed bya demandagainst his former business manager, led him to sign more acting jobs when he started selling his valuable assets in large quantities to pay off his debts. In March 2022, Cageconfirmedhis debts were finally paid.
Cage continues to work at a brisk pace, and as of 2022, he has at least four movies coming out. This movie sequence begins withThe unbearable weight of massive talent, which centers on a fictionalized version of himself and is, in fact, a tongue-in-cheek romp about Cage's financial woes. The film, also produced by him, has an approval rating of 89%.rotten tomatoes after it came out on April 22.
Read on to find out how much Cage earned for some of his biggest roles, how he spent some of his millions over the course of his career, and where his estimated net worth is today.
3 Ways Nicolas Cage Makes Money
1. Yield: Fromleaving vegasForGhost Rider
Cage has been starring in movies and filling theater seats since the early 1980s. At one point, he ranked among the highest-paid actors, managing $20 million for certain movies when such a large paycheck was much rarer. of what it is today. Throughout his career, he supposedly wonhundreds of millions of dollars, with multiple paydays reaching eight figures.
However, Cage has lost big paychecks multiple times. In 1995, for example, she reportedly lost a promised $100,000 bonus check for her Oscar-winning role inLeaving Vegas.As the film's director, Mike Figgis, said inthe hollywood reporterofit happened in hollywoodpodcast as of 2022, the film has never made a profit. According to Figgis, it is now water under the bridge. "Whatever, I mean on a more philosophical note, of course, my career took off again, and the next movie I did, they paid me very well," he said. "And within a year, [Cage] was making $20 million a movie, so he was doing pretty well."
Here's a summary of how much Cage is estimated to have earned from select titles in his filmography (according tothe richest,NetWorthBro,the hollywood reporter,micelebrity net worth).
- leaving vegas: $ 240.000
- The rock: $4 million
- facing each other: $6 million
- snake Eyes: $16 million
- bringing the dead: $10 million
- gone in sixty seconds: $20 million
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin: $7 million
- Adaptation: $2 million
- windspeaker: $20 million
- National Treasure: $20 million
- The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans: $2 million
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice: $12 million
- Justice: $12 million
- drive angry: $6 million
- transgression: $7 million
- looking for justice: $12 million
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance: $7.5 million
- the croods axis: $1 million
- Renfield: $3 million
- The unbearable weight of massive talent: $7 million
Cage has only dabbled in television, including a 2007 foray into show production.The Dresden Archivesand a hosting spot in the 2021 docuserieshistory of blasphemy.
2. Brand support
Cage has endorsed a small number of products and brands compared to his fellow movie stars. EITHERhoneymoon in vegasstar has appeared in commercials and advertisements forMotores BAIC,Mont-Blancwatches, and the Japanese gamepachinko. For the latter, Cage supposedly could have received a payment between$1 millionand $3 million.
3. Real Estate and Auctions
Once Cage's finances became a problem, he began selling off some of his most prized possessions and many of his estates, which numbered over a dozen and included mansions, townhouses, and castles in cities around the world. Here's just a sampling of some of the high-profile sales and purchases the actor has completed over the past two decades.
- $35 million:After an intruder broke into Cage's California home in Newport Harbor in 2007, he decided to put it up for sale. he had paid$25 millionfor him in 2005 and in 2008, it sold for $35 million.
- $10.5 million:In 2010, Cage's Bel Air mansion was sold for$10.5 millionAt auction. He bought the house in 1998 for $6.5 million. While that means he made an estimated profit of $4 million, he was initially asking$35 million.
- $9.86 million:Cage bought a Malibu house for $3.3 million in 1997 and sold it for$9.86 million.
- $7 million:Cage sold Midford Castle, one of his European castles, in 2009 for around$7 millionafter paying $10 million for it a few years earlier.
- $7 million:Cage owned and sold several properties in the UK, including a house in Bath. He bought the property for about $7.6 million and sold it at a loss years later, as it cost about$7 million.
- $6.2 million:In Rhode Island, Cage bought the Gray Craig mansion in 2007 for$15.7 million. Four years later, it sold for $6.2 million, meaning he lost a lot in the transaction.
- $4.95 million:In 2010, Cage's Las Vegas home sold for just under $5 million. He lost money with that sale, since he bought it in 2006 for$8.5 million.
- $2.5 million:Cage bought more than one castle during his spending spree, including one in Germany called Schloss Neidstein. The pay$2.3 millionfor the property, which came with 395 acres, and sold it two years later for $2.5 million. At the time, he had started the renovations, but did not finish them.
- $2.3 million:Cage owned two properties in New Orleans, including the LaLaurie Mansion, often referred to as one of themost haunted placesin the U.S. She bought the house for $3.4 million, and the bank that lent her the house bought it back at auction in 2009 for$2.3 million.
- $2.2 million:At the same time that Cage was forced to get rid of the LaLaurie Mansion, he had to sell another house in New Orleans. The same bank bought both houses, paying$2.2 millionfor the second. It's unclear how much Cage initially paid for the property, but at the time of the auction it was valued at $3.3 million.
- US$ 2.161 million:In 2011, Cage sold his copy of Action Comics No. 1, which marked Superman's first appearance. He had purchased the collector's item in 1997 for$ 150.000. At the time, it set the record for the highest price paid at auction for a comic.
- Cage also reportedly put houses onMalibumithe happy ones(a Los Angeles neighborhood) for sale, though the outcome of these efforts is unclear. It was also not revealed what happened to his private island in theCaribbean.
How Nicolas Cage spent his fortune
Before getting into trouble with the IRS, Cage spent years spending his fortune on luxury items and collectibles. here it isa sampleof some of the most expensive and unique products he bought with his millions.
- bones:Cage won a $300,000 dinosaur skull at auction, beating Leonardo DiCaprio. He later had to return the bones because they were found to have been stolen. He also had the skull of a prehistoric bear, butit brokewhile playing pool.
- Cars:At one point, Cage reportedly owned 50 cars, including a $450,000 Lamborghini custom built for the Shah of Iran, a 1955 Jaguar D-Type, nine Rolls Royces, and one of the only Ferrari Enzos ever made, which cost $1. million.
- Ships and planes:Cage may have owned as many as four different yachts, including one that offered 12 rooms and was reportedly worth $20 million. He also bought a private jet that may have taken him as long as$30 million.
- Other random items:Cage would have paid too$ 150.000for a pet octopus, shrunkcabezas humanas pigmeas, and including onepyramidwants to be buried
What is the net worth of Nicolas Cage?
Currently, Cage's net worth is estimated at $25 million. This is below the more than $100 million estimated at the start of his career.celebrity net worthhe estimates that he made $200 million from movie salaries alone over the course of his career.
This article was originally published on
How much is Nicolas Cage currently worth? ›
As of March 2023, Nicolas Cage's net worth is estimated to be roughly $25 Million. What is this? Nicolas Kim Coppola, known professionally as Nicolas Cage, is an American actor, director, and producer.How much does Nicolas Cage get per movie? ›
His fee for leading those VOD-type movies fell into the $1 million to $1.5 million range, with some profit participation thrown in.How much did Nicolas Cage pay for the LaLaurie mansion? ›
Per CNBC, Cage once owned 15 residences, including a $15.7 million countryside home in Newport, Rhode Island, a $25 million waterfront residence in Newport Beach, the LaLaurie mansion in New Orleans, which he bought in 2007 for $3.4 million and is known as one of the most haunted houses in America.How much did Nicolas Cage spend on a dinosaur skull? ›
The actor had purchased a Tyrannosaurus bataar skull from a Beverly Hills gallery for $276,000 (£186,000) in 2007, without knowing it was stolen. “It was the skull I bought at an auction, and I bought it legally,” Cage recently told GQ.Who is the richest movie star alive? ›
- #1. Jerry Seinfeld. Age- 68 years. ...
- #2. Shahrukh Khan. Age- 56 years. ...
- #3. Tyler Perry. Age- 53 years. ...
- #4. Tom Cruise. Age- 60 years. ...
- #5. George Clooney. Age- 61 years. ...
- #6. Robert De Niro. Age- 79 years. ...
- #8. Mel Gibson. Age- 66 Years. ...
- #9. Adam Sandler. Age- 56 Years.
- Net Worth- $950 million.
- Date of Birth- 29th April 1954.
- Age- 67 Years.
- Awards- Shorty Award for Best Web Series, Honorary Clio Award, Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, and many more.
- Best Movies- It Could Happen to You, The Hangover, Dumb and Dumber, and many more.
Best-paid actors worldwide 2021, by income. As of August 2021, Daniel Craig was the best-paid actor worldwide with an estimated income of 100 million U.S. dollars after, earlier that year, Netflix bought the rights for two sequels of "Knives Out" (2019).How rich is Will Smith? ›
A successful career in Hollywood
Across the past thirty-five years in the spotlight, it is estimated that Will Smith has accrued a personal wealth of roughly $350 million, making him one of the highest-earning actors of all time.
On the high range, he can make up to $15 million per movie upfront, while for other projects, he might make a relatively paltry $1 million upfront. That said, Reeves doesn't care about his payday as much as a lot of other stars.Is Nicolas Cage one of the highest paid actors? ›
As the star of movies like Ghost Rider and National Treasure, Nicolas Cage was once one of Hollywood's highest-paid actors, with an enviable $150 million (£114.4m) fortune.
What is the most famous street in New Orleans? ›
New Orleans' famous Bourbon Street is famous for a reason
For many New Orleans visitors, Bourbon Street embodies the life of a party town. The street is lit by neon lights, throbbing with music and decorated by beads and balconies.
However, Cage does still own a private island he bought in 2006 for US$3 million.How much did Nicolas Cage's pyramid cost? ›
In 2010 Nicolas Cage bought this plot and had his tomb built for the cost of $61,000. Although he has never said why he wanted to have his eternal resting place at St. Louis No 1 or why a pyramid, it is believed to be because of another famous grave that is almost adjacent – Voodoo Priestess Marie Laveau.Who owns a T. rex skull? ›
Sotheby's had a major role in the introduction of dinosaur bones as the centerpiece of auctions. In 1997, after a legal battle over the ownership of a T. rex skeleton named Sue, the auction house sold it to the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago for $8.4 million (or $15.4 million when adjusted for inflation).What is the most expensive dinosaur ever sold? ›
Big Number. $31.8 million. That's the record for the most expensive dinosaur fossil ever sold at auction, set when another tyrannosaur specimen from the Hell Creek Formation called Stan was sold in a Christie's auction last year.What celebrity is worth a billion dollars? ›
American actor, director and writer Tyler Perry, 53, is estimated to have a net worth of $1 billion, thanks to the success of his Madea plays and films, according to Forbes. The franchise has grossed more than $660 million, Hollywood trade paper Variety estimates.Who is the richest female movie star? ›
- Jami Gertz. Richest actress in the world with a 3.2 billion dollars of net worth. ...
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. ...
- Reese Witherspoon. ...
- Victoria Principle. ...
- Jessica Alba. ...
- Jennifer Aniston. ...
- Julia Roberts. ...
- Sandra Bullock.
Currently, Jami Gertz is the richest actor in the world with a net worth of $3 billion. Jerry Seinfeld and Tyler Perry are close behind, as each is worth $1 billion a piece.Which actor gets paid the most per movie? ›
With a worldwide gross of over USD 1.3 billion, Top Gun: Maverick is the highest-grossing film of 2022. With this one film, Tom Cruise sits at the very top of the list of highest-paid actors in the world with a stratospheric earning of over USD 100 million reportedly.
$250 Million (approx.)
Who is the most famous actor in the world? ›
Topping the list of best actors in the world is The Rock himself. He is an American actor who has been acting since 1992. He started out as a professional wrestler, but later ventured into movies and has not looked back ever since. He has a net worth of $800 million.Who is the 2 highest paid actor? ›
|1||George Clooney||$239 million|
|2||Dwayne Johnson||$124 million|
|3||Robert Downey Jr.||$81 million|
|4||Chris Hemsworth||$64.5 million|
Actors start out at a day rate, and if they are needed for longer, the payment scheme is bumped up to a weekly rate, and then to a run-of-the-picture rate. For example, on a film with a budget of at least $2 million, under the SAG-AFTRA theatrical contract, the minimum day rate is currently $1,056 per day.Do actors get paid for reruns? ›
So, do all actors get paid for reruns? According to the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, some do, and some don't. For principal performers, royalties can lead to long-term payoffs that trump the original salary.What is Shaq's net worth? ›
Shaquille O'Neal is an American professional basketball player who has a net worth of 450 million dollars in 2023. He was also the highest-paid NBA player of his time. There was also a time when he was the mainstay of Los Angeles. Sharq net worth in 2023 is around $450 million.How much is Chris Rock's net worth? ›
Here in this page we will share Chris Rock Net Worth 2023 and it is $60 Million.Does Will Smith have a private jet? ›
A Private Jet
The Hollywood actor and his family own a private charter plane.
According to multiple websites, Johnny Depp's net worth is $150 million (approximately Rs 1163 crore) and he charges approximately Rs 160 crore for a film.How much does Denzel Washington make a movie? ›
Denzel Washington is one of the most acclaimed actors living today. The two-time Oscar winner commands $20 million (or more) per movie.How much does Sylvester Stallone get per movie? ›
Sylvester Stallone has made anywhere from $35,000 to $20 million per movie, depending on the point in his career. At one point, Stallone was even the highest-paid actor in Hollywood.
What is the richest area in New Orleans? ›
Of all the neighborhoods in this city, the historic Garden District is wealthiest. Home to the rich and famous, our own little Beverly Hills. The place is also quiet, a welcome reprive from the hustle and bustle of the French Quarter.What is the most famous street in Louisiana? ›
Bourbon Street is the most well-known street in New Orleans. The heart of the French Quarter, Bourbon Street is where the party never ends. Head there at any time of day to find crowds of revelers, live music and other street performers. It's a strip that's buzzing with neon signs, free-flowing beverages, and more.How many yachts does Nicolas Cage own? ›
Nicolas at one point owned four gigantic yachts. His most expensive yacht was worth $20 million, and boasted an excessive 12 master bedrooms.What animals does Nicolas Cage own? ›
Cage has long had a penchant for peculiar pets, and he currently takes care of a Maine coon cat (named Merlin), a talking crow (named Huginn), and an assortment of fish and turtles he took in after the owner of his favorite pet store died. “My job is to care for them, make sure they're happy and safe,” Cage told GQ.Where does Nicolas Cage have homes? ›
During his illustrious 40-year movie career, Nicolas has owned a number of luxury homes including a $25million waterfront home in Newport Beach, California and a $15.7 million countryside estate in Newport, Rhode Island.What is Amber Heard's net worth now? ›
Amber Heard's Net Worth is $6 million, she has increased her wealth via her successful acting career.How much is Johnny Depp worth? ›
According to multiple websites, Johnny Depp's net worth is $150 million (approximately Rs 1163 crore) and he charges approximately Rs 160 crore for a film.Who is Nicholas Cage's wife? ›
Nicolas CageHow much did Denzel Washington net worth? ›
The actor's fortune is estimated at 240 million dollars.Who is Denzel Washington's net worth? ›
In a career that's spanned more than 40 years, Denzel Washington has brought some iconic characters to life on both the big and small screen. This film and television star's bank account is a testament to his success. Denzel Washington's net worth is $280 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
What was John Wayne's worth? ›
SANTA ANA, Calif., June 20 (AP) —John Wayne left an estate worth $6.85 million, but none of it will be going to his third wife, Pilar, from whom the actor separated in 1973, according to a will filed yesterday.What is the net worth of Snoop Dogg? ›
Snoop Dogg has made a massive wealth as well, currently Snoop Dogg Net Worth 2023 is $165 million. Snoop Dogg's exact net worth could be more than what we have mentioned here in this page. We can also have an idea about Snoop Dogg Net Worth 2023 by estimating the assets owned by him.How much is Tom Brady's net worth? ›
When NFL legend Tom Brady left the field at the end of the final game of the 2022 season, he was the league's career leader in passing yards (89,214) and touchdowns (649). He also left with an estimated net worth of $512 million.How much is Taylor Swift worth? ›
Taylor Swift has an estimated net worth of $450 Million in the year 2023. She has built her million-dollar empire through music records and singing tours.How Much Does Keanu Reeves get paid per movie? ›
On the high range, he can make up to $15 million per movie upfront, while for other projects, he might make a relatively paltry $1 million upfront. That said, Reeves doesn't care about his payday as much as a lot of other stars.How much does Will Smith make per movie? ›
How much did Will Smith get paid for each movie? For example, between June 2019 and June 2020, Will earned $45 million from his various endeavors, primarily film salaries. At the peak of his career in the 2000s, Will earned $20 – $30 million per movie.How rich is Leonardo DiCaprio? ›
As of March 2023, Leonardo DiCaprio's net worth is estimated to be $300 Million.What celebrity has been married the most? ›
Number of Marriages: 9
Zsa Zsa Gabor leads the pack of stars who have been married the most. She married Burhan Asaf Belge in 1935 and the pair divorced in 1941.
In January 2022, a rep for Cage and Shibata confirmed to PEOPLE that they were expecting their first child together, a daughter. August Francesca Coppola Cage was born on Sept. 7, 2022.Does Nicholas Cage owe money? ›
Nic Cage Is Finally Debt Free, But Says That Hollywood And Fans Got It Wrong When They Said He Was 'Phoning In' Roles In Movies. Nicolas Cage sets the record straight on some of his recent acting decisions. Nicolas Cage has to have had one of the most incredible careers in the history of Hollywood.