Last updated on January 9, 2023
The Twitterverse It's full of Kevin Gates tweets. Your posts are even worth sharing on social media. But what makes you a celebrity and a rich source of quotable quotes?
Kevin Gates is an American rapper and singer from Red Stick of the Pelican State. Growing up in the neighborhood, he had to make difficult decisions in life even as a child. Despite this, he grew up with a love of art and music. Her rich life experiences have given her the wisdom that she now fully shares.
Let's learn more about this talented man.
grew up in the neighborhood
Born February 5, 1986 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Kevin Jerome Gilyard grew up in a less than ideal neighborhood. It was a volatile environment, not ideal for children. His mother, Martha Green Gates, raised him alone, but he didn't really spend much time with her.
Instead, he rushed into the street with his friends. He was subjected to social vices, gang wars, drugs and violence. And although he eventually met his father, he died when Gates was 17. They couldn't spend enough time together to form a strong bond.
In high school, Gates met Dreka Haynes, whom he would eventually marry. Gates has told many times how meeting Dreka saved him from further involvement in gangs, drugs and violence.
He attended Baton Rouge Community College and exemplified academic excellence. However, his interest in rap and music took a lot of time, which caused his grades to drop. However, he managed to graduate from college and even earned a master's degree in psychology while in prison from 2008 to 2011.
When Gates and Dreka married, they already had two children, Islah Koren Gates and Kahza Kamil Gates. Dreka has also become a social media celebrity and is an active bookings manager. He helped Kevin start his own record label, Bread Winner's Association, in 2010. They are still happily married today.
at the top of the charts
Kevin's music career began in 2005 when he was signed to Dead Game Records, a local record label. Since then he has released 2 studio albums, 3 extended plays, 16 mixtapes and 28 singles. His songs are mainly inspired by his street survival experiences.
He is currently signed to his own record label, Bread Winner's Association, in partnership with Atlantic Records. In 2019 they released their second studio album "I'm Him". The album has 17 tracks and reached #4 on both the US Billboard 200 and the US Rolling Stone Top 200.
Though he'd become quieter on the streets compared to his childhood days, Kevin still had several run-ins with the law throughout his career. He has been in and out of prison on criminal counts, including gun possession.
In October 2016, he was found guilty and sentenced to prison. Although he was sentenced to prison in 2016, he was paroled after more than a year for good behavior.
Despite her tough childhood and the myriad of controversies surrounding her life, she inspires other people to look their best. Here are Kevin Gates quotes about music, success, life and even tattoos. They can amuse you, inspire you, spur you on to action, or just make you laugh.
- "I'm far from perfect, I'm sure, but God is!" -Kevin doors
- "Sometimes it's best not to move." –Kevin doors
- "I know many things, but there are some things I don't know." –Kevin doors
- "Entertainment and the street don't mix." –Kevin doors
- “Ice box where my heart used to be. Eskimo town, no feelings, I'm an igloo." –Kevin doors
- "When they try to destroy you, they destroy themselves in the process. Screw them, work harder!" -Kevin doors
- "And the drugs aren't really reducing the problem. But they release the endorphins that help me not to think."Kevin doors
- "I experience great pain, this pain lets me know that I am alive." –Kevin doors
- "You're the only one my cock could get hard for." –Kevin doors
- “Some will say that life is a gamble, which means love is a casino. Everyone just plays to win."Kevin doors
- "Climb forward, push me, I'm a grinder. Rearview mirrors looking at what's behind you: Peripheral, looking at what's next to you." –Kevin doors
- "All things are attained through wisdom and knowledge." —Kevin Gates
- "I have trouble letting go. That's my problem." -Kevin doors
- "Don't let anyone know you're a monster. Keep it updated and then surprise them.” –Kevin doors
- "I know I write a lot of my best songs in the car, this late at night. Three, four in the morning. –Kevin doors
- “Anyone on the verge of brilliance will suffer from depression. Because you don't see the world the way others see it. You see it for what it is. You see it differently."Kevin doors
- "Outside my window ... I see everything I dream of and wish for." -Kevin doors
- “Fat, black, obnoxious, who is your baby's daddy? It sure isn't Puerto Rican Gates. –Kevin doors
- “Wealth doesn't come out of the pocket. it comes from the heart it is from the mind. I live like this". –Kevin doors
- "I've walked a hundred thousand miles, a long way from home. I miss my niggas, some dead, some don't come home -Kevin doors
- "I don't pay attention to social media. So when I do something, I do it from the heart. I'm not doing this for any comment, I did it because that's how I felt."Kevin doors
- "When you come to the slums, having nothing makes you humble." -Kevin doors
- "Being logical gave me reason to doubt." –Kevin doors
- "You want to tell me if you've been fucking someone for three months. Everything is beautiful and your grandmother will come one day to tell you that she is your cousin, are you done? Why screw up a good thing? –Kevin doors
- "If you follow your heart, you always win!" -Kevin doors
- "Without true pain, one could never experience true happiness."–Kevin Gates
- "Would you still be my friend when I'm feeling lonely?" –Kevin doors
- “I believe that life is a journey and that I will tell you my plans; Things never go as planned.” –Kevin doors
- "Anytime someone says anything about you, directly or indirectly, don't talk to them. Don't let anyone put you out of your position."Kevin doors
- "I was made for this pressure." –Kevin doors
- "Women say they love, but never more than ice cream." –Kevin doors
- "I said if I love a woman I should lick her toes, eat her ego, eat her pussy and ass." -Kevin doors
- "I'm not made of concrete. i am a real person –Kevin doors
- "You learn fast or you die young." –Kevin doors
- "I love Anne Rice's vampire novels, but I also love Nicholas Sparks."Kevin doors
- "Grab, fly, I have six jobs, I don't get tired." –Kevin doors
- "If it interests you, aggressively go after it." –Kevin doors
- "She says I'm a dog, but you have to know." -Kevin doors
- “I would really care about promotion because, no disrespect, no one put me in the position I am in. I was doing sold out shows before they played me on the radio." -Kevin doors
- "Some may see that as a problem, I fall in love quickly." –Kevin doors
- "I love a battlefield, it's not a one night stand." –Kevin doors
- “I got couples getting life sentences when they were young and I had to get up and take care of their kids. I have always been a steward of youth.”—Kevin doors
- “Music is the most therapeutic thing for me. Because I suffer from depression and it's my only way to break free." -Kevin doors
- "I like where we are now, but I'm in love with where we're going." -Kevin doors
- "God has made it impossible for me to be anything other than what I am." –Kevin doors
- "Everything that is lost can be found again, except lost time. A vision without action is just a dream. Action, it's the routine, it's the rush, it's the persistence." –Kevin doors
- "Knowledge is provided, but only for those who need to know." –Kevin doors
- "Everyone around you pretends to be your partner, leaves you with a problem, and doesn't even help you." -Kevin doors
- "If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you're doomed." –Kevin doors
- "Emotionally I'm introverted, but he seems aggressive." –Kevin doors
- “My daily conversation consists of hustle and bustle. Grind from below fed up and tired from the fight." –Kevin doors
- "It's illegal to steal my feelings and walk away." –Kevin doors
- "I have no religion. I have nothing against the church as long as they sell chicken. Because I read the Koran, I read the Kabbalah, I read the Bible. They all have the same three basic principles: love God, love your neighbor as yourself, and... as for me, I live by those principles.”—Kevin doors
- "Those who hate you the most are usually the people you know." -Kevin doors
- "Never break or bend, that's what's important." –Kevin doors